Re: rpm file

Joey Hess wrote:

Alien is program that runs rpm2cpio on a rpm file and generates a deb
file from it.

I know.

> Suggesting that it would somehow be safer to to this by
hand makes no sense at all.

Yes it does. If I did it by hand, I know that the right thing got put in the right place. Either that or I screwed up.

Alien is also not anywhere near experimental, having been used by many
people for ten years.

From the alien man-page (on Sarge):

WARNING
       Despite the high version number, alien is still (and will probably
       always be) rather experimental software. It's been under development
       for many years now, but there are still many bugs and limitations.