Re: Fonts changed after X upgrade in unstable

On 4/20/06, Nate Eldredge <nge@cs.hmc.edu> wrote:
> [Note: I would appreciate a personal CC on any replies since this will
> make it easier for me to find them.  But don't bother if not convenient.]

The one time Gmail's behavior is reasonable!

> The other day I upgraded my unstable to get the new X.org packages.  Most
> everything seems okay except that the fonts in many applications are
> different.  Let's take gaim as an example.  The font used throughout
> (buddy list, for example) is much smaller than the one I had before, and I
> don't like it.

I had the same thing happen to me.  After yesterday's upgrade and
restarting X, the fonts were all happy again.  I'd also reinstalled
xfs (which had been removed), so I don't know if that was part of the
solution.  If you never had xfs installed, then I suspect it's a red
herring.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh