Re: 3.2 Testing - 04/17/06

JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the weekly build CDrom images
> and burned the cdroms and tried to install.
> I delayed configuring the network because
> my wireless interface requires the windows
> ndis wrapper (there is no native linux driver
> for the inprocomm IPN2220 wireless interface).
>
> The installation fails during the
> "base install" phase because it is unable to
> connect to a mirror site.
>
> What's the point of trying to connect to a mirror
> site when I am installing from a cdrom?
>
> Seems to me the installation scripts should simply
> continue and try to install from CDrom.

AFAIK it's a problem with the weekly builds and it is already being
worked on. You can try to not configure a mirror. Without a mirror it
should install from CD only, and you can add a mirror later by running
'base-install'. Check the archives of debian-cd for more info.

HTH
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)