Re: good anti-virus software to use?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:30:51PM -0700, lmyho wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to ask for advice on some good anti-virus softwares to use
> on Debian.

What's your primary purpose?  If it's to scan mail and the occasional
file, I can say that clamav works well, and can be kept up-to-date with
'clamav-freshclam'.  If you use sendmail, there's 'clamav-milter',
otherwise there are other methods of integrating with your mailserver,
but I'm not sure how.  A quick search should pull some up.
I think clamav can also be made into a daemon, but I'm not certain of
the details in the checks (like how often, what is checked, etc).

This being debian, there are of course other options, which I'm sure
will be pointed out in due time.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Excusing bad programming is a shooting offence, no matter _what_ the