Debian on an iBook

Hi,

I have just installed Debian onto my iBook (900MHz PowerPC G3, 640MB SDRAM, ATY Rage M7 Video). I followed the instructions here: http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html 1) Debian boots ok, but the X Server isn't configured properly - is there a guide to do this? (i'm a newbie!) 2) I can't seem to shutdown properly - I log in as root, then type "shutdown now". It appears to shutdown some programs, but then goes to a prompt about maintenance and "type control-d to continue". It then goes back to login prompt.

many thanks in advance

James