Odd ksh+ssh interaction

Hi,

I was exploring hello-dbs from afar this morning by ssh from home to the machine at work. I did the standard dpkg-source -x, cd'ed into the directory and did a debian/rules setup. At that point the session completely started ignoring the keyboard. I had to kill the ssh connection locally. I'm a longtime ksh user and so that's what was running. The behavior is the same on any action (tested it on 1 or 2 more) passed to debian/rules. However, if I push a csh, then everything works a okay. Also, if I immediately put the command into the background via '&', then it doesn't lock me out (though still doesn't work as it should, stopped output for tty). Everything works okay when I invoke debian/rules without going through ssh.

I'm assuming this is a bug of some sort. I'm also assuming this problem is something associated with grabbing a tty.

Let me know if this needs to be reported as a bug or if it (or a close relative) has been reported already.

jeff

P.S. I'm currently not on the debian-user list, so please cc to me...thanks.