Re: 2 tmpfs filesystems mounted?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:23:37 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West on 18/04/06 22:51, wrote:
> >>I see the same message myself, but it comes way down on my list of
> >> things to clean up - I'm more worried about all sorts of messages
> >>of unknown seriousness during boot up - if I learn a little
> >>everyday, I'll have got it licked by the time I die. :)
> >>

> >why don't you post those messages and we can all pitch in... unless
> >you're worried that'll bring about an early demise? ;)
>
> I see stuff in syslog and in boot and yet I can't see the relevant stuff
> which I see scroll past when I'm booting.
>
> There's no 'boot' facility/priority in the syslog.conf, so how is it
> controlled?

You can set

BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

in /etc/default/bootlogd. This should catch all output on the console
during most of the boot process and put it in a log file in /var/log.
For the earliest part of the boot process you would need to set up
logging to a serial console and use a second computer to record that.
However, sometimes the ScrollLock key is good enough to allow you to
read the stuff that is scrolling by.

--
Regards,
          Florian