Re: How to see the Creation timestamp of a folder?

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:13:57AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Martynas Brijunas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to find out the creation timestamp of one of the folder
> > on my Sarge servers. By default the "ls" command displays the last
> > modified timestamp. Please help.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Martin
> >

> Have you tried `ls -lc` ?
>
> -Roberto

Are you perhaps confusing ctime with a create time?

There is no 'creation timestamp' in standard unix. The three
timestamps which are defined are:
	atime - time of last access
	mtime - time of last modification
	ctime - time of last inode change (owner/link count/mode etc)
see stat(2) for details.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com