Re: What happened to glxgears?

David Goodenough wrote:
On Tuesday 18 April 2006 00:03, Toshiro wrote:

According to apt-file glxgears is in xbse-clients, but according to dpkg
-c it is not in the latest version.  Has it moved to another package or
has it been dropped.  If it has gone away, what is the new recommended
test vehicle for dri and glx?

Use apt-file package to see which package has the file you need to know.

If you read what I wrote, I had already used apt-file.  For some reason it was
behind the times.  Now it reports correctly, but at the time it did not.  That
was why I asked the question!

Try running apt-file update and repeat the search again

HTH,

Joris