Re: postfix table notation (cidr) dificulties

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 15:01, Adam Done wrote:
> I am trying to implement a cidr notation for my networks on a separate
> file and loading them in postfix main.cf as
>
>     mynetworks = cidr:/etc/postfix/files/mynetworks
>

> but when I do postmap cidr:/etc/postfix/files/mynetworks i get this error
>
>      ../postfix/files # postmap cidr:mynetworks
>     postmap: fatal: dict_mkmap_func: unsupported dictionary type: cidr:
>     Is the postfix-cidr package installed?
>

> To find out if I have cidr available I issued
>
>      ../postfix/files # postconf -m
>     btree
>     cidr
>     environ
>     hash
>     ldap
>     mysql
>     nis
>     pcre
>     pgsql
>     proxy
>     regexp
>     sdbm
>     static
>     tcp
>     unix
>

> and it is there to use but I can't create a map file.  Any suggestions.
> This looks to be a debian issue.

I may be using a different version (2.2) of Postfix than you
but here it works if I omit the "cidr:" prefix:

# cat mynetworks
127.0.0.0/8             loopback
192.168.0.0/16          RFC1918
<snip>
# postmap cidr:mynetworks
postmap: fatal: dict_mkmap_func: unsupported dictionary type: cidr:  Is
the postfix-cidr package installed?
# postmap mynetworks
# grep mynetwork main.cf
mynetworks = cidr:/etc/postfix/mynetworks
        permit_mynetworks,

--Mike Bird