Re: fluent like software

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 10:24:34AM -0700, belahcene abdelkader wrote:
> hi,
> The fluent software is to expensive for our small
> institute, I am looking software which is around it,
> not necessary having all that properies.
> thanks for help
> best regards
> bela

<snip>

Hi Belahcene,

in our group we used Fantom quite a bit, you can download it from
'http://www.rmee.upc.es/homes/codina/software.html', but I don't know
if it does what you want. First, it's not a clone of Fluent, and
second I'm not sure of your simulation needs. What do you want to do?
I found it quite capable, it is written in Fortran77, ~400 subroutines.
Also, you will need to do your own pre/post-processing, though you can
use GiD which you can find here 'http://gid.cimne.com/'.

Hth
--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred