Re: Vim packages lack help file -RESOLVED

On 17 Apr 2006, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2006, jlmb wrote:
> > > No, I already have all these, including vim-doc, but it does not provide
> > > help.txt which is what vim is looking for.
> > >
> > > Anthony
> > >

> > vim-runtime should provide help.txt
> >
> > Try removing vim-runtime deb from apt's cache and reinstall it.
> >

> > jorge
> >

> Tried that; no help. I think I can add the file from elsewhere but there
> seems to be a bug in the vim package.

Correction: after reinstalling vim-runtime, vim had disappeared. I
reinstalled vim-gtk and hey presto! the help file now appears!

I don't understand how this happened but thanks for the suggestion
anyway.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian