Re: Another bug of debian package --- Validation issue

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 15:50 -0700, formless void wrote:
> LinuxWorld has got a business registration number
> (ISSN) to show that they are in business
>
> Where is the equivalent from DistroWatch?

This one is easy. LinuxWorld seems to be a business, Distrowatch is not,
it's an organisation, pretty much like a voluntary organisation or
charity. I hope this comparison is making it clear to you.

You should read up on GPL and the Debian Social contract, please. This
is not Microsoft, and software is not purchased and comes without
guarantee or recompense.

Similarly Xandros and Linspire among others are produced by companies,
Debian is not. It's a community effort many distros are using to base
themselves on, and this in itself is your much longed for 'credibility'.

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054

-Foresight Linux- -Ubuntu- -Debian (Sarge)-