Re: msttcorefonts installed but not visible - SOLVED

On 17 Apr 2006, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2006, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:01:25 +0700

> > > (1) What is in your  /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> > > (2) Have you done "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" ?
> >
> > In addition, the file /etc/fonts/fonts.conf is consulted by
> > applications which use fontconfig (all GTK- and QT-based applications,
> > as well as firefox).

> > > Aha! Perhaps your signature does not match with msttcorefonts :)?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Raja Ali M.I. Ilias, Bengkalis, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AliMilis
> > > Counted GNU/Linux Engineer # 405138 - http://counter.li.org/
> >

> I have done the above. I have this entry in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
>  FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
>
> However I do not have this in /var/lib/defoma/
>
> I have purged and reinstallex msttcorefonts and run defoma-reconfigure.
> The script for msttcorefonts says it has been installed correctly, so
> where is it?

I've found the MS fonts; they are in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/

I've put this into /etc/X11/Xorg and it seems to be coming up, although
I think there were more fonts there previously.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian