RE: Best Video Card

From: "Manaen Schlabach" <manaen.schlabach@gmail.com>

Well I am finally thinking about upgrading my tired old radeon 7500.
I know that ATI and Nvidia both have decent cards but their drivers
are completely closed.  I know and understand that companies must
protect some of their trade secrets but I would like very much to
support a graphics manufacturer who opens their specs as much as
possible to opensource and free software developers.  Having said
that, what are everyones thoughts about which card that might be?  At
one time it was Matrox are they still the most GNU/Linux friendly out
there or has someone else taken the lead on that?  I wouldn't mind
supporting ATi/nVidia if they at least opened up their specs on old
cards (say older than 3 years) do they really have that much to lose
by doing so?

Upgrading your tired old Radeon 7500!? :-O I have a brand new ATI Radeon 7000! :-O

Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
Lynn Erika Kilroy