packages: apache, gd, mysql...

Hello,

Currently I have apache2 installed on my debian as per the default
installation, thus it shows up as installed in the list of packages
according to "dpkg -l", but I am unsure about all this output:

(descriptions omitted for clarity)

ii  apache-common                      1.3.33-8
ii  apache2                            2.0.54-5
ii  apache2-common                     2.0.54-5
ii  apache2-doc                        2.0.54-5
ii  apache2-mpm-prefork                2.0.54-5
ii  apache2-utils                      2.0.54-5
ii  libapache-mod-php4                 4.4.0-2
ii  libapache2-mod-perl2               1.999.21-1
ii  libapache2-mod-php4                4.4.0-2
ii  libapache2-mod-python              3.1.3-3
ii  libapache2-mod-python2.3           3.1.3-3

If I would like to remove all traces of apache2 and associated
modules, what command would I have to run? If I simulate "apt-get
remove apache2" I only get one package for removal, but if I simualte
"apt-get remove apache2*" then I get all kinds of additional lines
besides the ones I got listed there.

My main interest is to have GD and MYSQL support enabled for apache2,
so is this possible with a few additional apt-get installs for these
modules??

Otherwise, I would like to remove all package traces of apache2 and do
a straight source install with whatever modules I want using the
configure script.

Also another question, is it possible for me to do a source install of
apache2 as a separate instance of this one installed via the package
system? Or would there be some kind of conflict I would have to work
around??

Thanks

Bart