Re: installing kde

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 22:35 -0500, lostson wrote:
> Thought I would sit down and install KDE for fun today so i did a
> apt-get install kde apt-get does its thing and lists all the packages,
> then it tells me this
>
> LostSonMedia Change: Please insert the disc labelled
>  ʽDebian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 Binary-1 (20060314)ʼ
> in the drive ʽ/cdrom/ʼ and press enter

Because your sources.list file is only pointing to a CD drive.

>  So do i need to download another cd or is there a way around this?

Depends on how fast your internet connection is.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Self-esteem must be earned! When you dare to dream, dare to
follow that dream, dare to suffer through the pain, sacrifice,
self-doubts, and friction from the world, you will genuinely
impress yourself."
Dr. Laura Schlessinger