HDD errors, completely confused.

Hi,

I tried to connect to my Samba share on my Debian machine and it didn't work for some reason. So I decided I would reboot it. (Its only a home server and more of a project/experiment so not that important) But when it came back up and tried to boot into the kernel I got these errors:

Current sda: sense key medium Error
Additional sense: Unrecovered read error - auto reallocate failed
end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 11367019
scsi0: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun0. CDB: Read (10) 00 06 ef 15 00 00 74 0

I only just managed to get this as the screen was continually updating.
I am not sure where to go from here, as the errors stopped and asked do I want to either remount the HDD with RW options or to enter the root password and manually admin it.

I put a-load of data as a backup on one of the partitions before I lost the samba share but it seems that was not copied across due to the partition usage size not changing. ( had booted into a XP partition on the server to check that worked also check the partitions and they seemed fine so i am completely confused.

Never seen this before, not sure entirely what the problem is or how to fix it.

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks, Toby.