Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH under Linux

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:17:44 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

>> We used the environment var LD_LIBRARY_PATH to give preference/order of
>> the libraries that we use. Does this still applied to Linux?
>>
>> I tried to do it under Linux but didn't success. Here is what I tried:
>>
>> [...]
>
> It should work.  The way to be sure which library is being loaded is to
> export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable the way you want it and then run `ldd
> /opt/old/usr/bin/transcode` to see where it finds the shared libraries.

thanks. Roberto for the reply. I am now confirmed that it is not the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH's problem. Maybe transcode is looking for its libs in a
fixed location or something.

Is there any way to specify transcode command line parameter when probing
with ldd? -- which lib for transcode to load depends on its parameter...

thanks