Zero-content responses to ignored threads

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 02:19, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 April 2006 11:43, sanchez@mytrashmail.com wrote:
> >> Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?
> >
> > Different dialect.  Canadian English accepts both as valid if you don't
> > switch spellings mid-text.
> > [ plus 22 messages from other people ]
>
> Boy, am I glad I filtered this thread!
>
> (The filter sends to the Trash folder but does not delete.)

Why do people do this?  If they're so upset about topic drift or thread
length, why do they insist on making it longer by being a loudmouth baby
about it?  Seems counterproductive...

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber