Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 23:54 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:38, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:47, Ron Johnson wrote:
With a u, you mean, of course...
No, the *right* way.  Slow learners *and* bad spellers.  Sheesh...
No wonder your empire fell apart.
 That is very rude to say on a public mailing list. I agree that everyone
is entitled to their opinion. May be you are right and may be you are
wrong. But this could potentially result in flame wars. May be you meant it
in a funny way! But this is taking it too far. Not everyone might take it
as you intended it to.
I should probably clarify for the international audience that Ron is using sarcasm, a form of deadpan humor. Ron is probably more apathetic about spelling than his words let on.

Yes, thank you.  I was trying and miserably failing to be humourous.

While we're on the subject of unusual spelling variants, can someone explain why, in American English, "moron" is spelt "bush" ;)

- Best regards,

Peter Hugosson-Miller
"<TAG name="windoze" action="bash"></tag>"