Re: thunderbird -> kmail

Gregory Seidman wrote:
> } 2) Using other editors
> }    I would like to use vim or gvim to compose my emails. Currently
> } thunderbird does not have any facility to use a custom editor. Does
> } kmail have this feature?

> There is a Thunderbird extension that does this. See
> http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2

    Which isn't the same as what KDE attempts to do.  Quite frankly it is how
text editing in GUI should have been done ever since QNX did it what, close to
a decade ago now?

> If you haven't guessed, I like Thunderbird. I've used KMail and been
> impressed, but not enough to switch. The main reason is that the XPI
> extensions for the Mozilla family make for a variety of customization
> options that KMail can't match.

    Not to mention KMail, the last time I looked, had sub-par IMAP and
multi-account support.  Given my battles I'd rather have working IMAP and
multiple accounts and have to remember to trim CCs than vice versa.