Re: Everything 2 PDF

Sure.

}} I need to convert many type of files (.gif, .jpeg, html pages...)
}}  in .pdf format.

}On 4/11/06, Ron Johnson < ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
} ...cups-pdf may do what you want...

Launch shell print command  to a cups-pdf driver printer, is the simplest (and i hope, fastest) solution!
Something like:

and, how i can see, i must define
<user> to be sure of the destination folder (as specified in cups-pdf.conf file);
i would not infact change the default directory and not allow anonymous access.
But it's not  a problem, i'll copy the files in another folder with a  stupid script.

The problem (for me, 'cause sure there's a little, simple solution) now is:
- i've tried to print a .jpg file, and cups-pdf (that i use without problem with firefow, i.e.) print it in 4 pages.

So i have an image 4-broken :-(

Any help?
Thanks!!

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:22 +0200, Mirco Piccin wrote:
> Hi all.
> I need to convert many type of files (.gif, .jpeg, html pages...)
> in .pdf format.
> And i need to do this in a shell-way.
> The goal is to have a script (partially done, except for the
> conversion!) that download every day some front-page daily paper and
> convert all in pdf with a specific name (like
> YYYYMMDD_dailypapername.PDF).
> Which is the better tool to do this conversion?

cups-pdf may do what you want.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep."
George Stephanopolous