Re: Cmdline mail client that talks to remote SMTP server?

On 05.04.06 10:15, Ron Johnson wrote:
> But it conflicts with all other MTAs, so if the box already has an
> MTA (like pretty much all Linux boxes except Ubuntu), that will
> get removed, possibly breaking something else.

of course - ssmtp is an MTA.

"msmtp" does not behave as MTA, (although it can) and it supports per-user
config files (at least with ssmtp, you have to specivy smtp user/pass on
command line, which is insecure in multiuser environment).
Try msmtp.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.