Re: mutt with exim4 smtp smarthost rejects mail

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 04:46:39PM +0200, Alex wrote:
> I'm running a debian sid server with exim4, dovecot and getmail. It was
> installed using debchroot and I intend to keep it lean and mean so no X
> installed.
>
> Sending mail works just fine when connecting with an external imap client
> but when I log on the server and use mutt my isp's smtp server rejects any
> mail I try to send.

more details would help, but... Have you set your From: and possibly
your Envelope_From in .muttrc? That was the trickiest bit I had in my
config. Even setting From and Envelope From wasn't enough, though, I had
to get Exim to let me send those out without rewriting too. send us the
bounced mail...