Re: Gnome sound system.

ha, thanks it's works for me. I am now using xmms with esound output :)

On 4/10/06, Andrew Sackville-West < andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 09:27:51AM +0600, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) wrote:
> I don't know the solution, but i am also facing this problem. :(
>
> On 4/8/06, Surachai Locharoen <surachai@prachakij.com> wrote:
> >
> > I use gnome debian version 2.12. When I enable sound in gnome control
> > panel (enable sound for user action such button click or system alert),
> > The music player program seem to be unable to play sound. It show error
> > message that "the sound device is busy"

that's because the sound device is busy. The gnome sound system takes over the
sound card so it can do its thing with all the clicks and bells and so forth,
and this is what you asked it to do.

The music player is trying to use the same sound device which gnome has
currently taken over.

What music player are you using? Can you set it to use the 'esd' sound daemon?

If so that should solve your problem.