Re: kde in sarge

I have followed your advise, and have found that:

# apt-get install kdelibs4
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  kdelibs4: Depends: libopenexr2 (>= 1.2.2) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kdelibs-bin (= 4:3.3.2-6.4) but it is not going
to be installed
            Depends: kdelibs-data (>= 4:3.3.0) but it is not going to
be installed
E: Broken packages

And:

# apt-get install kdelibs-bin
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
kdelibs-bin is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

But:

# dpkg-query -l kdelibs-data
ii  kdelibs-data   3.5.1-2        core shared data for all KDE applications

I don't know if that is the only problem.

/etc/apt/sources.list:

# the main Debian packages.
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
# Uncomment the deb-src line if you want 'apt-get source'
# to work with most packages.
# deb-src http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/debian/ sarge main contrib

# the non-US Debian packages.
deb http://mirror.peer1.net/debian-non-US/ sarge/non-US main contrib
# Uncomment the deb-src line if you want 'apt-get source'
# to work with most non-US packages
# deb-src http://mirror.peer1.net/debian-non-US/ sarge/non-US main contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

The file /etc/apt/preferences does not exist.

And:

# dpkg --get-selections | grep ^kde
kdeartwork-misc                                 install
kdeartwork-theme-icon                           install
kdebase-data                                    install
kdeedu-data                                     install
kdegames-card-data                              install
kdelibs-bin                                     install
kdelibs-data                                    install
kdelibs4                                        deinstall
kdelibs4c2a                                     install
kdewallpapers                                   install

Thanks very much.