Re: How do I fix this?

How do i detect that this is happening, i just installed snort, with the default rule set, will this show me when this happens ..

will get rid of qmail, and go for one of the alternatives

On 4/8/06, S. Keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
In linux.debian.user, you wrote:

>  Hi there Got this from my ISP the other day:
>
>    We have been forced to take your server off line, since your server is
>    performing phishing from your secondary IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.224.
>
>  That IP address was one [of] my secondary IP's, using Debian Sarge,
>  have iptables firewall, using qmail as the mail server ..

"aptitude install exim4" should get rid of that insecure piece of !@#$
qmail for you.  Alternatives include Postfix, ssmtp, and even
Sendmail among others.  "aptitude search smtp"

Google "qmail phish"

   (*)     http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling           Linux Counter #80292
   - -    Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html
           http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt