Re: Question

boonstra@augsburg.edu wrote:
Hello,

I'm very new to Linux.  I've installed Debian on my PowerPC, and I'd like to use
the Gnome interface. I installed Gnome, but I can't figure out how to use it. I still see the black and white Debian console. I've searched through my
directories trying to find some file that will start Gnome, but I've found
nothing.  Do you know how I start it?

Thanks
Shawn
In the console, enter your login name and password. After that, at the command prompt enter startx. If everything is configured properly, then you should see gnome up and running.

raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar
http://groups.google.com/group/cornell-bazaar/about