Re: Multi server package management

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Simon wrote:
>> Hi There, We are gathering quite a few debian servers now and have
>> just started testing a debian xen server, thus giving us more debian
>> servers :). Is there anything out there to manage the packages on all
>> these servers? (kind of like how redhat does it online). A nice
>> web-based tool would be good! I suppose i would want:
>>
>> 1stly: Central reporting for all servers (updates etc)
> 1. cron-apt
>> 2ndly: A way to then apply those updates
> 2. cron-apt
>> With a bit of thought, i could get something up and running myself i
>> supose, but i just wondered if there is anything already before i do.
>
> This assumes a generally heterogenous package set.  For a homogeneous
> environment, I would look at systemimager.

I concur -- cron-apt has been a great help in keeping our sarge systems
up-to-date.

One thing I've been wanting personally, though, is a system more
suitable for testing and unstable -- something that would apply any
updates it could without requiring interaction from the user, but that
could present debconf questions in an asynchronous manner, perhaps
through a web application.

I suppose I might just have to come up with something myself, when I can
find the time :)

cmr