Re: activate ssh X11Forwarding on Etch

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an up yo date Etch on a Celeron 633/256Mo
> I installed xorg-xserver gnome and gdm.
> If I ssh login on the machine, X11 is not forwarded:
>
> 	$ ssh -X remote
> 	$ xclock
> 	$ Error: Can't open display:
>
> The  result is the same wether I use -X or I dont use it.
> I already put
>
> 	X11Forwarding yes
>
> in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and restarted ssh (also restarted the whole
> system)
>
> The client machine has X, and I forward X11 with succes on other
Debian
> machines (Sarge) and other distro too (Fedora).
>
> May be I forgot something?
> Would you help me to find out what?

Just a guess (WAG)- and I'm very new to linux and the others are much
more experienced, but I recall reading about perhaps configuring the
correct [$DISPLAY:0] parameter(?) somewhere in the one of the config
files for X (XF86Config-4 - or perhaps the /etc/inittab file (?)).

It just that it would seem the client is misconfigured, since you seem
to suggest you can login to *other* clients and distros.