Re: kde in sarge

Andrés Ghigliazza wrote:
Yes, I have made apt-get update. My source list, recently made by
"netselect-apt sarge", is:

# the main Debian packages.
deb http://ftp.univie.ac.at/systems/linux/debian/debian/ sarge main contrib
# Uncomment the deb-src line if you want 'apt-get source'
# to work with most packages.
# deb-src http://ftp.univie.ac.at/systems/linux/debian/debian/ sarge
main contrib

# the non-US Debian packages.
deb http://mirror.peer1.net/debian-non-US/ sarge/non-US main contrib
# Uncomment the deb-src line if you want 'apt-get source'
# to work with most non-US packages
# deb-src http://mirror.peer1.net/debian-non-US/ sarge/non-US main contrib

I have tried all the process ("netselect-apt sarge", "apt-get update",
"apt-get install kde") several times, with the same results.

Maybe there is a problem with the mirror at the University of Vienna; it
is only a partial mirror anyway. Why don't you try the primary Debian
mirror in Austria, with the following 2 entries in sources.list:

deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib

You should also add a line for the security updates:

deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

(You can keep the other configuration if you want, just comment out
those lines temporarily.)

Regards,
           Florian