apt-get, sudo and proxies

Hello group,

did something change in sudo policy? I usually do my updates behind a proxy with the following commands:

$export http_proxy=http://proxy.host:port
$sudo synaptic (or sudo dselect)

It appears now that the variable isn't passed to the sudo command. So, if I define the variable for root, and call synaptic or dselect it goes, but otherwise just complains it can't connect to the repository.

Well, other programs, such as the CPAN shell through perl still works, so I'll assume it's really something to do with sudo.

Would anyone care to comment?

Cheers,

Renato