Re: debian vs redhat

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 20:03 -0700, charles norwood wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 17:58 -0700, John wrote:
Hi, just wanted to say I've used various versions of linux, and have mainly stuck with redhat/fedora (yeah, I know), but the latest versions have sort of bothered me. So, today I tried debian for the first time, and wow, am I impressed. I plan on migrating all my servers, home and office, to debian in the next few months.

Thanks!

Under redhat 9 I had a number of problems that caused server crashes
about once a month.  Under Debian stable (Sarge) everything is so
solid..... Debian stable may be able to run on an unplugged
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^
computer ....

Hmmm   I'll try it ....

Maybe it's because you use Stable?  Why I unplug the machine while
using Sid, it just dies.  :)

Ha! My Sarge keeps running! Due to my Back-UPS LS 500 with apcupsd 3.13.2 (22 February 2006) no doubt ;-)