Re: Wireless roaming/configuration

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:33:11AM -0700, Z F wrote:
> Hello Christopher
>
> Thanks a lot for your help. I thought, that wpa_supplicant is the way
> to go, but could not find anything about WEP configuration. So, thanks
> for pointing it out. With your help and several hours of hard thinking,
> I made it work (I think)

Cool, hope it stays working.

> I could not locate the description of the switches, for example what is
>
> wep_tx_keyidx=0

I'm not sure, but it was in the example so I took it for my config.

> I have only hex key not text. But what if I want to use a text string
> instead of hex?

If I understand correctly, to use a text string, you enclose it in
double-quotes (").  I don't have control over my wireless setup or I'd
give it a shot for you.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Why did the Roman Empire collapse?  What is the Latin for office automation?