Re: Install sid NVU package on Sarge system

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 17:29, Rocky Ou wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm using Debian Sarge. Right now I want to install NVU into my box but
> I could not get it by apt-cache search nvu. It seems it is only
> packaged for sid. How can I install it on my pc? Is that possible?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Rocky

It is in Etch also, regardless, an install from sid will bring in new
libraries, etc, you may not want to go there, esp if you have to ask :-)
One way to get NVU is to download the tar.gz ver from the NVU site
install to /usr/local with a symlink to /usr/local/bin. This leaves Sarge
alone and NVU runs fine from there.
--
Greg Madden