Re: resizing swap partition

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 18:07 -0400, Chris Roddy wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > If you are using a 2.6 kernel, then you can also use a swap *file*.
> > "man mkswap" tells you how to set it up.
>

> Oh! I'd forgotten about that. But I didn't know that was new with 2.6. I
> could swear I've used a swap file on 2.4. Maybe I'm imagining it, though.

It's "always" been there, but before 2.6, there was a speed penalty
for using swap files, which was supposed to be eliminated in 2.6.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The First Amendment protects speech from being censored by the
government; it does not regulate what private parties (such as
most employers) do."
http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Anonymity/blog-anonymously.php