Re: Incredibly slow to boot - any ideas?

N.Pauli wrote:

It was after that upgrade that my slowness problems started and gconf began to feature so heavily in syslog.

There seems to be a repeating pattern of resolving an address to do with gconfd first for user root and then user nbp - and making a real meal of it.

Any ideas anyone? I'm going to try and find out more about what gconf does.

Try disabling gconf so that it won't be started, just to see if that makes for an improvement.

The disk speed issue is another thing to fix.

GH