Re: iptables at boot

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 03:30:15 +0200, BTP <smokefat@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if someone would be able to give me the correct way of
> disabling all network activity (iptables commands/script) during the
> boot process so that my network is inoperable during bootup until I
> activate it manually.
> I'm unsure in which startup script I would place this on debian.

I'm not sure either (so someone with knowledge please comment!), but
I've placed it in /etc/network/interfaces:

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
pre-up /etc/iptables.scr

This way, I expect the iptables script to be run just before the
network is activated.