Re: Incredibly slow to boot - any ideas?

Philippe De Ryck wrote:
Nigel,

I found the article very useful too!
You say your disk hangs but all the attributes indicate a healthy disk.
One way to know this for sure is to put your disk in another machine. If
it works fine, you can exclude the disk. If it still hangs, you probably
know for sure that the disk (or the content) is screwed.

There are five (at least) failure points

	Motherboard/integrated controller
	(Slot connector to non-integrated controller)
	Connectors on cable/motherboard (or controller)
	Cable
	Connectors on cable/disc
	Disc

When I have a problem like this, I always start with wiggling the
connectors. Then I try flexing the cable. There might also be
problems with the power connector and/or cable, and a little
judicious wiggling and flexing can sometimes reveal a problem.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.