Re: ssh and X forwarding

According to Florian Kulzer,
> H S Rai wrote:
> >Today at 7:37am -0000 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> >

> >> The sshd_config file (probably under /etc/ssh/sshd_config or somewhere
> >> similar) has AllowX11Forwarding no
> >>
> >> Change that to yes and restart sshd
> >

> >It did not solve my problem. I made changes and restarted
> >ssh (There is no sshd).
> >
> >The part of file now is as:
> >=============================================
> ># Site-wide defaults for various options
> >
> ># Host *
> >#   ForwardAgent no
> >ForwardX11 yes
> >#   ForwardX11Trusted yes
> >#   RhostsRSAAuthentication no
> >================================================
> >
> >What went wrong?
>
> I think you have to make the change to sshd_config on the remote host
> and you also have to set AllowTcpForwarding to "yes". The Debian-
> specific instructions can be found here:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-xssh

ForwardX11 yes is the same as -X.  You can put it in
/etc/ssh/ssh_config for system-wide client defaults or in
~/.ssh/config for user-specific client default or per host.
But this is a red herring- the real issue is that the server
is not allowing it.

AllowTcpForwarding is for -L and -R opts.  Red herring.

-Y is a red herring too- it's just a less-secure -X.

What you want is described in 'man sshd_config' which
shows you how to control the ssh server (sshd) settings:
/etc/ssh/sshd_config .