Re: nvidia module and 2.6.16 kernel problem
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: nvidia module and 2.6.16 kernel problem
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:53:18 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have installed the new 2.6.16 kernel on two machines running Debian
Sid and tried to install nvidia module. On both machines, the module
compilation (using module-assistant) fails with some error messages
(IIRC there was some error about rlim structure not being defined).
Searching google has hinted that there is a patch for nvidia package
from Nvidia. I was wondering if a Debian nvidia package is forthcoming
that fixes this problem.
Like stated, it depends on how and what you are trying to install.
I install the nVidia driver:
directly on 2.6.16-ck1 and found this patch:
which refers to:
and if you apply that to the extracted file it applies and the driver