Re: Help with find command: seeking *.log files not under hidden directories.

Adam Funk wrote:
I want to modify the following command

find . -maxdepth $DEPTH -name "$.log" -ok rm '{}' ';';

so that it doesn't look in directories or subdirectories that start
with a "." -- any suggestions?

You could try -regex instead of -name, e.g.

find . -regex "\./[^.].*\.log"

lists all files ending in ".log" except the ones in subdirectories which
start with a dot. I don't know for sure if this also stops find from
descending into such directories at all; I assume this is what you want
to achieve in order to save time. Might be worth a try.

Regards,
            Florian