Re: Cmdline mail client that talks to remote SMTP server?

Matt England wrote:
> Does any such thing exist?

    I do not believe so.  People will tell you that you need something heavy
to do something that is so relatively simple.  Nevermind the gui clients
have been doing it for years.

> Do I effectively need to write some PHP, Python, or Perl app to do
> this...something that uses an SMTP module from one of the
> aforementioned language libraries?

    Probably.  I don't recall either pine or mutt doing SMTP.  Elmo might
but, again, no strong recollection.  The easiest solution is to
compromise and install nullmailer.  It's not a full-blown SMTP server,
it's sole purpose is to address this deficiency of CLI clients being
incapable of forwarding to a smarthost via any means other than another
command line application.

--
Steve Lamb