Re: "free blocks count wrong" in sarge

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:47:19 +0000
"Carlos Rodrigues" <carlos.efr@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a server running Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8). When I reboot it
> and run a "fsck.ext3 -f" (with all of them unmounted) on the three
> partitions that is has, occasionally it reports some errors about "free
> blocks count wrong on group #X".

It is likely due to an unclean shutdown. It's a fairly innocuous
message, and seems to happen if a file gets removed but doesn't
completely get synced with the inode tables.

> When it happens, it is always in the same partition (which contains the
> user's homes), which is being shared by NFS.

Are the NFS partitions completely unmounted on a shutdown?

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.