Re: nvidia module and 2.6.16 kernel problem

RParr wrote:

> I am not sure if we have the same problem.
>
> On my recently upgraded system the module-assistant fails with a message
> "/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-1 seems to contain unconfigured kernel
> source"
>
> None of the suggested commands seems to be able to fix this problem.
>
> What exactly does this message mean and how can "configure kernel source"
> so that module-assistant is happy.
>
> R.Parr
> Temporal Arts

I got this problem too. But the very first time when I tried to compile
and install the nvidia module, the process continued after this message.
Now too the message appears, but I can continue the process by pressing
Enter. However, I get a nother error from dpkg where it says
nvidia-kernel-source package was not found. This error flashes by on the
text screen, and I get ncurses prompt immediatey after these lines are
flashed onscreen so cannot read the whole thing. Do  you get something
like this too?

->HS