Re: backup on DVD

Jon Miller wrote:
Does anyone know of any script that can backup to a DVD media?  What I want to do is run a nightly backup of certain samba shares data M-F and rotate the disk either daily or weekly on the server.  Furthermore, if possible have the backup report the amount of space used in an e-mail sent to the backup operator.

Thanks

I use backup2l to back up my home desktop onto dvd-ram daily. It uses incremental backups and if run with cron e-mails the summary to you when done. The summary includes details of space used on the disk.

I am sure there are a million other ways to do this but it suits my purpose. YMMV

HTH

Wackojacko