Re: [OT] How to subscribe to this list but disasble receiving the mail?

Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> said on Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:15:01 +0100:

Hello Adam!  The stapler is behind you!

> On 2006-03-25, S. Keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
> > I asked this of the list masters.  They say just unsubscribe.
> >
> >>  The first time you post to linux.debian.user, you should get an email
> >>  from lists.bofh.it.  When you answer that email you should be able to
> >>  post via the newsgroup.
> >
> > I have been through that hoop.  I'm subscribed to lists.bofh.it, yet
> > posts to l.d.* never make it to the list.  They're silently dropped.
> > Mail to linux-gate-owner@lists.bofh.it and mailman-owner@lists.bofh.it
> > have so far been ignored.

I heard something about you need to have a valid address for bofh.it
to propogate.  That or needing to subscribe with a valid address
somewhere on bofh.it?  Dunno, I ended up doing a completely different
solution, since debian lists are open to anyone to post.

> I don't get it.  I never had any trouble with this (but I don't have
> the link any more.)
>
> > This one may (?) get through because it's being mailed to d-u@lists.d.o
> >
> > Posts to l.d.* don't get through.
>
> I'm sure this is really annoying.  (I prefer usenet to mailing lists
> too.)  Maybe you could try the gmane.linux.debian.user group on
> gmane.org?

Want my script?  I notice you are using slrn, what I do to reply is
press ESC-1-F, enter a bogus address "a", then my script modifies the
headers as appropriate before forking the editor.

It will cost you $20, same as in town.