Re: "free" shows only 4GB out of the 8GB of memory on the system

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 15:00 -0600, Chance Platt wrote:
> >  PAE (Physical Address Extension) enabled (which it is).  But
> before a final decision is to be made by my supervisor
>
> Holy cow man!  You need supervisor approval to recompile a kernel?
> I'm sorry.

On a production system, stability is a Good Thing.

It's a smart manager that makes a tech justify (but not too
onerously) actions which can have an impact on the stability of
the system.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he
knows or all he sees."
Benjamin Franklin