De: Yu,Glen [Ontario] [mailto:Glen.Yu@ec.gc.ca]
Enviado el: lunes, 27 de marzo de 2006 20:34
Para: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Asunto: System works fine, but where's my grub.conf?

Hi everyone,

I've just noticed something that is a bit odd.  I have Debian 3.1 (Sarge)
running on a server which boots up fine from the GRUB bootloader (the kernel
selection menu appears in the beginning, etc.), however, when I tried
searching for grub.conf file this morning, I was unable to find it.  I know
in most systems, it's located at /etc/grub.conf, but if I'm not mistaken, it
should be found in /boot/grub/grub.conf on Debian machines.  In either case,
the grub.conf file was nowhere to be found.  Can anyone tell me why and/or
where can it be found?

Thanks,
-Glen

Glen Yu,  B.Eng | 416-739-4861 | glen.yu@ec.gc.ca